Energy-Efficient Windows for Indianapolis, IN, Homeowners
Significant amounts of energy are lost through old, broken, and drafty windows, which can drive up heating and cooling costs. At L.J. Stone Company, Inc., we aim to help Indianapolis homeowners combat these issues with our high-performance, energy-efficient replacement windows. Designed to insulate your home and minimize heat transfer, our windows will help maintain a comfortable interior temperature so you can spend less time fidgeting with the thermostat and enjoy lower monthly energy bills.
A Guide to Energy Efficiency
We always want our customers to be 100% satisfied when they turn to us for replacement windows. One way to ensure this is to discuss some of the many confusing terms that are associated with energy efficient windows, including:
- U factor – This term is indicative of how easily heat energy can pass through a window. Windows with low U factors will typically insulate better than those with higher U factors.
- Solar heat gain coefficient (SHGC) – The SHGC of a window indicates the amount of solar radiation that can pass through it. Windows with low SHGCs will more effectively block radiant heat from a home and keep it cooler. However, in cooler climates like ours, retaining some solar heat may be beneficial, especially during the winter months. We’ll help you decide which SHGC level will best meet your needs.
- Visible transmittance (VT) – This term refers to how much visible light is transmitted through a window. Though a high VT will help maximize daylight in your home, it’s important to remember that the special coatings used on window glass to block UV and infrared light will diminish VT to a certain degree.
Our Energy-Efficient Windows
Now, let’s focus on the energy efficiency of the replacement windows from L.J. Stone. We proudly install these outstanding windows because they are chock-full of energy-saving features, including:
- Multiple panes of glass, covered in low-E coatings
- Comprehensive weather-stripping
- Argon gas fills
- Intercept™ spacer technology
- Full interlocks at the sashes
All of these components work together to form a highly insulative window, keeping heat inside your home during the winter and outside during the summer. To learn more about our energy-efficient window products, contact L.J. Stone today. We are proud to serve homeowners in Indianapolis, IN, and surrounding areas.