If you’re in the process of upgrading your bathroom and you’re not sure what you want to do with the wet area, you have plenty of options to choose from both in terms of bath and shower styles. Walk-in showers are exceptionally popular among homeowners everywhere, and having one installed in your bathroom might just be the perfect choice. But before you make that decision, it’s important to weigh the pros and cons. The team at L.J. Stone Company, Inc., has you covered.
Pros of Walk-In Showers
When it comes to the pros of investing in a walk-in shower, consider that these bathing fixtures offer:
- Eye-catching beauty & elegance – There’s just something sleek and elegant about walk-in showers. Their design allows them to blend in seamlessly with the rest of the bathroom while adding to the space’s beauty.
- Accessibility – If you’re tired of stepping over a high barrier to shower, the low-entry thresholds these showers are known for will be right up your alley.
- Easy cleaning & maintenance – There are fewer hard-to-reach places to clean within a walk-in shower, plus they’re typically crafted with nonporous material, which makes cleaning a breeze.
Cons of Walk-In Showers
Walk-in showers may not be the perfect investment for every homeowner. Here’s what to keep in mind when you’re weighing the negatives of these systems:
- Slippery floors – With sloped flooring designed for proper drainage, walk-in showers can sometimes be extra slippery. Non-slip flooring and other safety precautions are always good ideas.
- Water splashes – Because walk-in showers have such a low entry threshold, water from the shower can sometimes splash and pool up on the floor outside your shower. This can damage your flooring and create moisture inside your bathroom.
- Chilly air – Sometimes, poorly designed walk-in showers can get pretty cold. Chilly air can flow into your showering space and disrupt what otherwise might be an enjoyable shower experience.
Add a New Walk-In Shower to Your Bathroom Today!
If a walk-in shower sounds like the right bathing fixture for your Central Indiana home, there’s no better team to call than L.J. Stone Company, Inc., a family-owned and –operated company that has been serving the area since 1967. Contact us today to get started on your walk-in shower installation journey!